Thursday, June 24, 2010

6/24/10 Weigh-in

So... another 2 pounds! Which is ok. I didn't work out very hard, missed a lot of cardio and focused mostly on my core and arms... trying to get those muscles to get more "with it." Food intake was good, if a little low - also, I drank A LOT of beer on Saturday, so I can't feel too bad about losing only 2 pounds. So, I now have 104 pounds to lose! The amazing thing is the confidence and energy I have.
I just want to scream from the rooftops: I AM NOT SPECIAL, MY RESULTS ARE TYPICAL! YOU CAN DO THIS TOO!

I have so many people in my life that have small amounts to lose, and they are do discouraged. It makes me sad that they think that I have anything within me that they don't. If anything, they are STRONGER for not letting themselves get as large as I did.
I've started researching plastic surgery, and I am discouraged. Granted, I am younger and (according to other surgeons I've consulted), I have GREAT skin... but so many of the "after" pics look so much WORSE than the "before." Is that what I have to settle for? I am not trying to be a super model, but I'd at least like to be more comfortable naked. My skin isn't lumpy, just empty and sagging. Maybe that helps. I also saw on several sites that the more fit you are, the more the surgeon has to work with and therefore, the better the results. Maybe those patients in the pictures weren't necessarily FIT. Sure, they had lost massive amounts of weight from Gastric Bypass, but my understanding of that surgery is that because the weight comes off so quickly and so easily, most people don't jump on with the exercise - which is why so many gain at least part of their weight back.
Doing this the old fashioned way - and I'm not saying it's better - gives me the drive and the TIME to make the lifestyle changes necessary. I know myself well enough that I never would have started working out if my weight came off easily.
So, although I am discouraged about the plastic surgery realities, I am trying to remember that is THEIR story, not mine... and I will do everything in my power to make sure I get the best results possible. Damnit.

No comments:

Post a Comment