Friday, May 7, 2010

L'histoire....


Ok, so this is the beginning. Not so long ago... just a few years in fact, I was approximately 430 pounds. Now, the reason I say approximately is because once you reach 400 pounds, a normal doctor's scale can no longer weigh you... so my doctor took his best guess.
Let me try to describe life at over 400 pounds... towels don't fit you, neither do seatbelts, you can't ride roller coasters... you are trapped in a prison of flesh and you can not get out, so you medicate yourself with food.

It's kind of surreal. You have no idea how big you truly are until you see pictures, then of course you fool yourself into believing that you can't really look like that. I got countless tickets because I simply couldn't wear my seatbelt, I was too big. I wore a size 10x pants and couldn't wear anything with buttons because they simply didn't make clothing big enough.

I was never thin. I was teased all through school for being a "fatso." I had a nickname in 3rd grade, it was "Pig." Even my teacher, Ms. Fuller used it. Eventually I just began to write that on all my homework. Name: Pig.

Now, I am not telling you this to depress you! I promise you blogs full of thoughtful humor and ruthless honesty. This is just the beginning of my journey.

Shortly after my daughter was born I began to think that I needed to lose some weigh (ya think!?) ... my doctors told me that I was headed for an early grave and since I come from a LOOONNNGGGG line of super-morbidly obese people, my children would most likely be SMO.

So, I started by switching to diet soda. Now, I was still cramming my face FULL of every bit of trash I could find - hitting the drive through on my way home then ditching the bags in the dumpster behind my supermarket and eating a full dinner. I didn't have the strength to stand for my morning showers, so I sat in the shower. Life was really hell.

My ideal weight is 150 pounds. I started this journey at approximately 430 pounds. Today, I am 269... I have lost 161 pounds. I have 119 pounds to go before I reach my goal (and a crap load of plastic surgery)... so, I am going to write about the remainder of my journey here for you fine folks. I will post my methods, my triumphs, my failures... my embarrassments... I will be an open book for you in hopes that someone somewhere will read this at 400+ pounds and realize that if my fat ass can do this, so can they.








4 comments:

  1. I wish you the best! I have Bout 50 pounds to go to my "ideal" weight. Love the title of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing person. Thank you for starting this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckygirl - you go girl, you totally got this. Little changes can have HUGE effects. Keep me posted on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules - thank YOU for reading it!!

    ReplyDelete